Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Japan: excruciating mourning 3 years since 14:46pm 11 March 2011 triple disaster 

Earthquake, Tsunami and Fukushima




I am reporting March 11 2014 from within the forbidden zone of Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant for the 3 years spent since the triple disaster: earthquake, tsunami and Fukushima nuclear accident. Most impressive is to enter into nuclear reactors basements (Unit 5) and control room (Unit 1 and 2).

I worked with a few colleagues of the international press in Fukushima dai ichi, I stand here in the middle, raising my left hand, with my sound recorder and dosimeter in my right hand. We visited locations in Fukushima Dai ichi that were, for the first time, opened to the foreign media. High security and extremely tense situation. We made it and at the end I received "just" 30 microsieverts.

Report on the following links, in French.

JL Envoyé spécial de RTL sur Fukushima Daiichi. RTL France 07:30 11 Mar 2014
http://www.rtl.fr/.../ecouter/le-journal-de-7h30-7770341061

http://www.rtl.fr/actualites/info/politique/article/fukushima-trois-ans-apres-la-centrale-toujours-sous-surveillance-7770345143







Pic 1 I am standing 3rd from left.
Pic 2 I am watching the pool photographer, 2nd left.
Pic 3 Tepco technician helping to guide the FD1 visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be nice and informative when you post or comment.
Thank you to visit Asian Gazette Blog of Joel Legendre-Koizumi.